[This post was updated – 08/17 @ 10:40AM]
The 32-Day Pre Primary Disclosure reports are being posted online by the NYS Board of Elections this afternoon. Primary contest list.
In the contested 77th AD (no incumbent):
- Latoya Joyner, with backing from the Bronx County Democrats, filed her 32 Day Pre Primary report late. She reported raising another $12,925 (only $825 from individual donors). In July, her campaign reported taking in $24,730. At that time (as well as today), a good deal of her contributions came from unions, PACs and transfers from other elected officials. Her most notable expense was $2000 to LJW Community Strategies. Cash-on-hand: $17,898 (as of 8/4/2014)
- Verdell Mack: a Bronx pastor has managed to make the ballot but has not filed her 32 Day Pre Primary report. In her late July 15 Periodic report, Mack NYC2014 raised and spent $4,919. Mack has had the chutzpah to file objections to Ms. Joiner claiming petition fraud. On Friday 8/15, the Court rejected her claims. Cash-on-hand: $0 (as of 7/11/2014)
- Sherrise Palomino: a Brooklyn native and nonprofit leader who works with AIDS/HIV, at-risk and LGBT youth survived objections to her petition signatures to make the ballot. Her committee, Palomino2014 ‘s 32 Day Pre Primary disclosure report – $997 raised overall. Cash-on-hand: $799
- Carlton A. Curry: Reported “no activity” for both his July Periodic and 32 Day Pre Primary disclosures. Cash-on-hand: $0
In the 78th AD:
- Jose Rivera (incumbent): 32 Day Pre Primary report not yet available. His July 15 report showed $71,974 Cash-on-hand.
- Fernando Tirado (challenger): 32 Day Pre Primary report not yet available. His July 15 report showed he raised an anemic $1075. Cash-on-hand: $505.
In the 32nd SD:
- Ruben Diaz, Sr. (incumbent): 32 Day Pre Primary – $46,510 raised in total. Cash-on-hand: $35,861.
- Elliot Quinones: He has made the Primary ballot but has not registered a campaign committee with the state BOE.
In the 33rd SD:
- Gustavo Rivera (incumbent): 32 Day Pre Primary report – $193,134 raised in total. Cash-on-hand: $160,587.
- Fernando Cabrera: 32 Day Pre Primary report not yet available. His July 15 report showed $121,658 raised. Transferred $33,000 in from his CIty Council campaign account. Cash-on-hand: $77,390 (as of 7/11/2014).
In the 34th SD:
- Jeff Klein (incumbent): 32 Day Pre Primary report not yet available. Cash-on-hand: $2,058,279 (as of 7/11/2014).
- Oliver Koppell: 32 Day Pre Primary report – Total funds raised, $132,198. Cash-on-hand: $115,301.
In the 36 SD:
- Ruth Hassell-Thompson (incumbent): 32 Day Pre Primary report not yet available. Cash-on-hand: $63,836 (as of 7/11/2014).
- Crystal Collins: 32 Day Pre Primary report was filed late. As of August 4, Collins had raised another $2,000 but spent $3,419, Despite anemic fundraising and an uphill battle, Collins managed to snag a $100 from Oliver Koppell (who’s running his own hopeless campaign against IDC leader, Jeff Klein). Collins loaned her campaign $8,000. The campaign also received an $8000 loan from Roberta James (of Ms. Bee’s Realty). Her campaign reported over $20,000 in spending. Cash-on-hand: $237 (as of 8/4/2014).
This post will be updated as the outstanding 32 Day Pre Primary reports are posted online by the state BOE.
Michael Benjamin is a columnist and blogger as well as a former state legislator who represented the 79 AD, 2003-2010.
Follow him at http://CorruptionCrusher.com/; Twitter:@SquarePegDem; and www.Facebook.com/SquarePegDem;www.YouTube.com/SquarePegDem; on Skype:SquarePegDem